Back to Module Overview

MODULE: Rules and Regs


1. Society Member Insurance

£2 of your society membership fee covers you for insurance during society activity. The policy is from Endsleigh and the cover is underwritten by Chubb European Group limited.

Here is what is covered by the policy…

The policy covers...

The policy does not cover...

Accidental Death

Coma, Broken Bones

Primary Dislocation

Permanent Disability- See scale of benefits


Medical Certificate Expenses

Temporary total disablement

Person aged over 70 years

Sickness or disease

Loss of Earnings

Repetitive stress (strain) injury or syndrome or any gradually operating cause

Post traumatic stress

Suicide or self- inflicted injury

Hospital Confinement

Any psychological or psychiatric condition

Pre-existing physical defect

Emergency travel Expenses

Abuse of solvent drugs

Illegal acts

Drunk Driving

Dental Expenses


Canoeing, boating or sailing 4.5 miles from coastline

Supplementary travel and accommodation expenses in the United Kingdom

Underwater diving unless in accordance with BSAC or PADI regulation

Activities undertaken in the pursuit of danger

Course Deferment Expenses

Members of the armed forces


The full details and terms and conditions, can be found in the policy documents. 

How to Claim?

If you do find yourself needing to make a claim, email us with details of your case or pop in to the Societies Office, G33 Ground Floor, Cockcroft Building.

What Evidence is Needed in Order to Claim?

If the accident takes place on campus ensure you go straight to a member of staff to report this and get it logged and signed off in the University’s Accident Report. If the accident takes place off campus, in a public venue, ensure you do the same, reporting to a member of staff to log and sign the accident in their report, this will evidence the claim. Keep all receipts i.e. travel to hospital, dental bill. All incidents which may give rise to a claim must be reported immediately. You must disclose all facts, circumstances and any sufficient information which may be relevant to the risks covered by the policy.

2. Public Liability Insurance

The students’ Union hold a Public Liability Insurance Policy with Zurich.

It can be used to cover events, (ran independently by your society), that take place off campus. Email us to obtain a copy of our Public Liability Insurance

If an event is being planned off campus, (hosted by an external venue), ask to see a copy of their Public Liability Insurance.

Previous Next